York Mills Animal Hospital Preventive Health Plans
A preventive healthcare plan is a comprehensive package of annual veterinary services aimed at keeping a pet healthy for which pet owners can pay for on a monthly basis. The core elements of preventive healthcare plans are:
1) A commitment to a year of preventive services on the part of the pet owner
2) The opportunity to pay for those services in convenient monthly installments
Dogs and cats are visiting the veterinarian less frequently and their health status shows it. A recent report indicated that treatable health issues such as Diabetes, Otitis Externa (ear infections), Dental Disease, Heartworm and Flea Infestations in both dogs and cats are on the rise.
The majority of pet owners want to do the best for their four legged family members and adhere to the recommended guidelines for preventive care, however, many people have a hard time fitting that into their yearly budget or they have a fear of a “Big Bill’ so they chose not to come in at all. In the end it is our pets that suffer the consequences, often living with chronic pain or diseases left undetected. Many animals are euthanized for conditions that were preventable if detected early on.
At York Mills Animal Hospital we have designed a number of preventive health plans to try to offset some of the costs associated with routine annual veterinary care.
As the pet owner you are committing to 12 equal monthly payments. At the end of the year it will be your choice as to whether you would like to renew your contract or go back to regular billing for services.
These plans include routine procedures such as annual check-ups and vaccinations. They do not include sick patient visits or accidents and are therefore not a substitute for pet insurance. Pet insurance still remains the best option for emergency medical care.
The type of health plan you choose will depend on the age or “life-stage” of your pet.
Feline Adult Maintenance:
This plan is designed for the healthy, young adult cat with no specific concerns. These are the recommended minimum requirements as outlined by the American Animal Hospital Association:
· Complete Physical Examination/Consultation
· All Core Vaccines Required (this will vary year to year)
· All Non-Core Vaccines Required (as decided upon by you and your veterinarian)
· Annual Blood Work Including a Complete Blood Count and Biochemistry Panel
· Annual Intestinal Parasite Check (Stool Sample)
· Complete Urinalysis
· Free Nail Trims – Unlimited Throughout The Year!